By Ioan Doré Landau, Rogelio Lozano, Mohammed M'Saad, Visit Amazon's Alireza Karimi Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Alireza Karimi,
Adaptive Control (second variation) exhibits how a wanted point of process functionality could be maintained immediately and in genuine time, even if method or disturbance parameters are unknown and variable. it's a coherent exposition of the various features of this box, starting up the issues to be addressed and relocating directly to ideas, their functional importance and their software. Discrete-time points of adaptive keep watch over are emphasised to mirror the significance of electronic desktops within the program of the tips presented.
The moment version is carefully revised to throw mild on contemporary advancements in idea and purposes with new chapters on:
· multimodel adaptive keep an eye on with switching;
· direct and oblique adaptive rules; and
· adaptive feedforward disturbance compensation.
Many algorithms are newly offered in MATLAB® m-file structure to facilitate their employment in actual structures. Classroom-tested slides for teachers to take advantage of in educating this fabric also are now supplied. All of this supplementary digital fabric might be downloaded from www.springer.com/978-0-85729-663-4.
The middle fabric is additionally up-dated and re-edited to maintain its point of view in keeping with glossy rules and extra heavily to affiliate algorithms with their purposes giving the reader an outstanding grounding in:
· synthesis and research of parameter model algorithms;
· recursive plant version identity in open and closed loop;
· powerful electronic regulate for adaptive control;
· strong parameter variation algorithms;
· useful issues and purposes, together with versatile transmission platforms, energetic vibration keep watch over and broadband disturbance rejection and a supplementary creation on sizzling dip galvanizing and a phosphate drying furnace.
Control researchers and utilized mathematicians will locate Adaptive Control of vital and enduring curiosity and its use of instance and alertness will attract practitioners operating with unknown- and variable-parameter plant.
Praise for the 1st edition:
…well written, fascinating and straightforward to persist with, in order that it constitutes a important addition to the monographs in adaptive keep watch over for discrete-time linear platforms… appropriate (at least partly) to be used in graduate classes in adaptive control.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Control: Algorithms, Analysis and Applications PDF
Similar system theory books
Easy-to-follow studying constitution makes absorption of complex fabric as pain-free as attainable Introduces whole theories for balance and price monotonicity for restricted and non-linear platforms in addition to for linear structures In co-ordination with MATLAB® documents to be had from springeronline. com, routines and examples supply the coed extra perform within the predictive regulate and filtering suggestions provided
This e-book is an creation into the optimization equipment of operations learn - and past. With its transparent presentation, easy-to-read notation and routines, it offers a pretty good origin and serves as a reference paintings even after commencement from college.
During this unified account of the mathematical idea of allotted parameter platforms (DPS), the authors disguise all significant points of the regulate, estimation, and identity of such platforms, and their program in engineering difficulties. the 1st a part of the ebook is dedicated to the fundamental leads to deterministic and stochastic partial differential equations, that are utilized to the optimum keep watch over and estimation theories for DPS.
Team approach to info dealing with (GMDH) is a customary inductive modeling technique outfitted at the ideas of self-organization. because its creation, inductive modeling has been built and utilized to advanced structures in components like prediction, modeling, clusterization, approach identity, in addition to information mining and data extraction applied sciences, to a number of fields together with social technological know-how, technological know-how, engineering, and medication.
- Robotic Mapping and Exploration
- Damped Oscillations of Linear Systems: A Mathematical Introduction
- Self-Organized Biological Dynamics and Nonlinear Control: Toward Understanding Complexity, Chaos and Emergent Function in Living Systems
- Elementary symbolic dynamics and chaos in dissipative systems
- Control of higher-dimensional PDEs : flatness and backstepping designs
- Elastoplasticity theory
Additional info for Adaptive Control: Algorithms, Analysis and Applications
16. These techniques are discussed in Chap. 15. 9 Parameter Adaptation Algorithm The parameter adaptation algorithm (PAA) forms the essence of the adaptation mechanism used to adapt either the parameter of the controller directly (in direct adaptive control), or the parameters of the adjustable predictor of the plant output. 3 Basic Adaptive Control Schemes 21 Fig. 8) where θ denotes the vector of (unknown) parameters and φ(t) is the vector of measurements. This form is also known as a “linear regression”.
3. Despite this, the basic characteristic which allows to decide whether or not a system is truly “adaptive” is the presence or the absence of the closed-loop control of a certain performance index. More specifically, an adaptive control system will use information collected in real time to improve the tuning of the controller in order 10 1 Introduction to Adaptive Control Fig. 8 Open-loop adaptive control to achieve or to maintain a level of desired performance. There are many control systems which are designed to achieve acceptable performance in the presence of parameter variations, but they do not assure a closed-loop control of the performance and, as such, they are not “adaptive”.
1995; Praly et al. 1991; Lozano and Brogliato 1992a; Brogliato and Lozano 1994; Landau et al. 1987) • Adaptive Control of Robot Manipulators (Landau 1985; Landau and Horowitz 1988; Slotine and Li 1991; Arimoto and Miyazaki 1984; Ortega and Spong 1989; Nicosia and Tomei 1990; Lozano 1992; Lozano and Brogliato 1992b, 1992c) • Adaptive Friction Compensation (Gilbart and Winston 1974; Canudas et al. 1995; Armstrong and Amin 1996; Besançon 1997) • Adaptive Control of Asynchronous Electric Motors (Raumer et al.